Copyright (c) 2008 Ontarian Ke’Chan Hawkins
As a travel agent, there are a number of benefits that come with the profession. Typically, travel agents are those who are enthused with traveling. And because of this, it is the very nature of the profession that attracts these kinds of people. Here are seven reasons by you as a travel enthusiast will enjoy this wonderful job opportunity.
1. Learn about the world- As an enthusiast about the different cultures and locations around the world, there is nothing better than getting to study and learn about everything the world has to offer. In order to be an effective travel agent, you have to know about any and every travel spot available. In order to do this, it is up to you to take the time to learn about the different cultures and entertainment various spots have to offer.
2. Flexible schedule- With this position, typically you have a flexible schedule to work off of. In fact, many people end up working for themselves. This gives you the freedom to go out and enjoy some traveling of your own.
3. Access to travel shows and receptions- In order to keep up to date with everything that is going on in the travel industry, you will get the opportunity to attend various travel shows and receptions. This gives you the chance to travel and enjoy yourself at different locations.
4. Training familiarization- As a travel enthusiast, obviously you want to experience as many different locations worldwide as possible. As a travel agent, part of your training is going to agency sponsored training familiarization trips and cruises. While you get to become familiar with the different locations, you also get to enjoy yourself.
5. Supplier sponsored trips- In addition to getting agency sponsored trips, you can eventually become qualified for supplier sponsored trips. Again, these are trips given to you so you can enjoy yourself and experience what various hot spots have to offer.
6. Reduced rates- One of the big perks about working in the travel industry is the reduced rates you will be given. Everything from reduced rates on hotels, car rentals, cruises and many other things will be given to you. This way you can enjoy as many places as possible for a reasonable rate.
7. Last minute travel deals- There is nothing worse than waiting to the last minute and having to spend an arm and a leg to get the trip going. As a travel agent, you will have access to incredible last minute travel deals so you and your family can enjoy the vacation of a lifetime.
As you can see, travel has many perks for those who decide to endeavor in becoming a travel agent. Travel is probably the #1 searched term on the internet with it being a $7 Trillion industry. I am convinced that nothing in this economy will ever be able to slow down the momentum of the travel industry.